Adjustment of Status

Our Work

CARECEN assists clients in applying for adjustment of status to lawfully remain in the United States as lawful permanent residents. For individuals interested in applying for adjustment of status, we encourage you to call one of our offices where a trained team member will pre-screen you and schedule an appointment with a member of our legal team.


​Immigration law permits an individual to change his or her status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant status if the individual was inspected, admitted, or paroled into the United States and meets all criteria for receiving a green card (i.e. lawful permanent residence) for that given category.


Most immigrants become eligible for permanent residence through a family- or employer-based petition. There are also other special categories through which one can obtain a green card (e.g., refugee or asylum status, special immigrant juvenile status, and a number of other special immigrant classes and programs). 

Ways to Change Immigration Status

  1. Adjustment of Status: for eligible individuals in the United States that can receive lawful permanent resident status (i.e. a green card) without having to return to their home countries to complete visa processing

  2. Consular processing: for individuals outside the United States (or who are in the United States but are ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident. 

 To make an appointment, please call one of our offices