Adjustment of Status

Ways to Change Immigration Status

  1. Adjustment of Status: for eligible individuals in the United States that can receive lawful permanent resident status (i.e., a green card) without having to return to their home countries to complete visa processing

  2. Consular processing: for individuals outside the United States (or who is in the United States but is ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident


Immigration law permits an individual to change his or her status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant status if the individual was inspected or admitted or paroled into the United States and meets all criteria for receiving a green card (i.e., lawful permanent residence) for that given category.


Most immigrants become eligible for permanent residence through a family- or employer-based petition.  There are also other special categories through which one can obtain a green card (e.g., refugee or asylum status, special immigrant juvenile status,  and a number of other special immigrant classes and programs). 


To make an appointment, please call one of our offices.  


Addresses / Direcciones


Hempstead Office / Oficina en Hempstead:

91 N. Franklin Street, Ste. 208

Hempstead, NY 11550

Tel.: 516-489-8330


Brentwood Office / Oficina en Brentwood:

2000 Brentwood Road

Second Floor (Segundo Piso)

Brentwood, NY 11717

Tel.: 631-273-8721


 Hours / Horarios


Hempstead Office / Oficina en Hempstead:

Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

lunes a viernes de 9 a.m. a 5 p.m.


Brentwood Office / Oficina en Brentwood:

Monday to Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

lunes a jueves de 10 a.m. a 6 p.m.


The two offices are closed from 1 p.m. to 2p.m.


Las dos oficinas están cerradas de

1 pm. a 2 p.m. todos los días

Connect With Us

Conéctese Con Nosotros

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
Esta página web se diseñó con la plataforma
. Crea tu página web hoy.
Comienza ya